Visual Marketing Specialist
Position Classification Title: Visual Marketing Specialist II
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $55,000-$65,000 annually
Incentive Compensation: 5%
Create images, videos, infographics, animations, presentations, and other pieces of multimedia content to strengthen the Foundation’s brand and communicate with our target audience. Support and help execute all visual marketing projects from concept development to post-production and delivery.
The New Mexico State University Foundation invites you to apply to join our diverse, dynamic, and welcoming team in Las Cruces, NM. The NMSU Foundation seeks to provide the pinnacle career experience for each member of our team. The Foundation is seeking talented individuals who are passionate about the mission of NMSU and committed to a continual pursuit of excellence. We build strong relationships with alumni, supporters, NMSU partners, and each other, while personifying our core values of integrity, teamwork, stewardship, innovation, and fun.
Established in 1959, the New Mexico State University Foundation’s mission is to build a brighter future for NMSU, one relationship at a time. As an independent nonprofit organization, the Foundation is the primary fundraising and alumni relations institution for NMSU. We are charged with raising and managing gifts of all types and coordinating the alumni association. We invest endowed gifts and disburse funding each year for the purposes designated by donors. The Foundation coordinates the efforts of the NMSU Alumni Association, which galvanizes the enthusiasm and loyalty of the NMSU alumni network of over 147,000 graduates to support the mission of NMSU while becoming better connected with each other.
Our team partners with alumni, corporations, foundations, and other supporters who want to match their charitable passions with opportunities for purposeful philanthropy and personal engagement at NMSU. Gifts create scholarships, advance faculty endeavors, enhance student programs, and make new and renovated educational and athletic facilities possible. These generous investments greatly enhance NMSU’s land grant mission to provide the highest quality academic programs, develop new understandings through research and creativity, and provide extension services across our state and region.
We offer a highly competitive salary including incentive compensation, an industry-leading benefits package, and a fun and fulfilling work environment. Qualified individuals with a high level of energy who are looking for a work environment that nurtures vision, performance, productivity, superior quality, and unsurpassed integrity are encouraged to apply for this career opportunity.
NMSU is New Mexico’s flagship land-grant and space-grant institution. Founded in 1888, NMSU is the oldest institution of higher education in the state and is a Hispanic-serving institution and a comprehensive research university dedicated to teaching, research, service, and outreach. NMSU serves more than 14,000 students from 49 states and 89 foreign countries and is among the best universities in the nation at moving students from the lowest income tier to the top. Over 50% of NMSU students are first-generation college students and over 60% are Hispanic, meaning that NMSU is one of the most important and effective drivers of economic mobility in the state. Las Cruces is located 45 miles north of El Paso, TX, and features an average of 294 days of sunshine annually. Situated in the heart of the historic Mesilla Valley between the Organ Mountains, Robledo Mountains, and Picacho Peak, Las Cruces is ideal for job seekers who enjoy hiking, mountain biking, and birdwatching. Las Cruces is New Mexico’s second-largest city and home to 111,000 residents. The median home price in Las Cruces is $285,000, far below the national average of $425,000.
- Responsible for all aspects of creating photo and video assets to support marketing and communications initiatives and projects.
- Works collaboratively within the External Relations team to ensure visual marketing projects are well-aligned with the strategic needs of the organization.
- Manages and oversees visual marketing storyboarding, pre-production planning, scheduling, and on-site production activities for visual marketing projects (e.g. animation, videography, photography).
- Delivers high quality deliverables on schedule and within budget.
- Anticipates and responds to needs and requests from clients (advancement, NMSU colleges, donors, etc).
- Assists with supervising additional staff or vendors during production.
- Identifies best practices for visual marketing production and evolves daily operations as necessary.
- Oversees all visual marketing assets and ensures all media is archived appropriately and is readily obtainable.
- Embraces and adopts a professional posture of continuous learning in the fast-moving and ever-changing field of visual media.
- Works collaboratively with NMSU Marketing & Communications on content sharing opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Knowledge, Experience & Certification/License:
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline appropriate to the position plus three years of experience in a related field (agency or in-house creative department preferred).
- Energetic, well-grounded, innovative, service-oriented personality and calculated risk taker with a bias for action, a record of setting and surpassing objectives, and the proven “can do” attitude and drive to execute strategies and produce results beyond expectations.
- 3+ years’ experience shooting video and still photography.
- Experience with professional photo and video equipment, to include DSLR (Canon R5) and mirrorless cameras, gimbals (Ronin preferred), lighting equipment, ND filters, and audio systems.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, Lightroom, Illustrator and After Effects)
- Experience with executing shoots on site/on location including set-up, staging, camera operation, audio, and lighting (directing photo/video shoots).
- Video editing experience with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X and/or DaVinci Resolve.
- Availability for media coverage and occasional weekend project work is essential.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management, planning and communication skills.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and developments in video technology and markets.
- A collaborative spirit— ability to work within a team dynamic.
- Ability to self-regulate and work independently when needed.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience with digital animation is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing and caring for video and photo equipment.
- Experience with aerial photography/videography is preferred.
- Experience with Maxon Magic Bullet suite is a plus.